Wednesday 25 April 2012

Candy is Dandy

Candy is Dandy....

When I had just joined the Oberoi Hotels management trainee program, I was very naive and had'nt gotten past too many bases so to speak.

Our faculty for Food & Beverage, started the topic on beverages with this limerick by Ogden Nash.... 'Candy  is dandy but liqor is quicker', we all laughed politely, some of us had gotten it, others like me just laughed along to avoid being laughed at.

It was one fine day a couple of years later while riding my motorcycle to work, the monsoon wind tugging playfully at my hair and having had the company of a certain young lady and the dutch courage provided by glasses of Old Monk and his faithful companion 'Thums Up'  the evening before.... that the meaning of the limerick finally hit me. And I burst out laughing, I'm sure there would have been some pretty amused motorists that day on the Ring Road going towards Dhaula Kuan, wondering if I had been inhaling stuff that I shouldn't have.

You're right Ogden, liquor is much quicker.



No comments:

Post a Comment